Partial list of project awards:
- Jennings Toyota, 2014 Fairfax County Tree Conservation for the use of landscaping to mitigate stormwater on the site
- Abbots Wood, 2014 Fairfax County Land Conservation Award for the Small single Family Residential category
- Jennings Toyota, 2013 Fairfax County Land Conservation and Tree Preservation Award for Erosion and Sediment Control in the Large Commercial project category
- Jennings Toyota, 2013 Fairfax County Land Conservation and Tree Preservation Award for Best Protected Environmentally Sensitive Site
- Leatherland Property, 2013 Fairfax County Land Conservation and Tree Preservation Award for Erosion and Sediment Control in the Small Single Family Residential category
- Lee Highway and Nutley Street, 2013 Fairfax County Land Conservation and Tree Preservation Award for Tree Planting
- BRAC 133, Mark Center: 2011 Engineering News-Record Southeast Best Project Award, Best Government/Public Building
- 3131 Clarendon: 2010 Delta Associates Award for Excellence, Best Mid-Atlantic Boutique Condominium Community
- Lorton Workhouse Arts Center: 2009 Fairfax County Exceptional Design Award, Honorable Mention Award for Design Excellence
Partial list of company awards:
- Fairfax County Land Conservation Award naming Walter L. Phillip, Inc. as Outstanding Engineering Firm for Jennings Toyota (2013)
- Engineers and Surveyors Institute Award for Quality Designated Plans Examination (1999, 2007, 2010)
- Engineers and Surveyors Institute Award for Quality Plan Production (2006, 2007)
- Fairfax County Champions Award for Public Service in the Area of Partnering (2009)
- Fairfax County Land Conservation Award, Small Commercial Category (2007)
- Fairfax County Land Conservation Award, Tree Preservation Category (2009)
- United States Senate Productivity Award for Distinguished Service (1991)
Travis, I can’t tell you how pleasing it is to work with someone who is so responsive and professional – I really appreciate it.
Daniel Valencic, December 8, 2015
Thanks for digging deep on this one, Bill. Great work. It’s this type of service and willingness to peel the layers off the onion that we really appreciate and exactly why we’ve tapped WLP for other work. Thanks again.
Gregory W. Rowles, Managing Director, Planning and Construction, American Real Estate Partners, July 1, 2015
Aaron and Monica, I want to thank you for your tremendous efforts on this project. I really appreciate it! You kept it moving forward and produced great products. And you were very thoughtful in our discussions about the best way to move forward with the various components of the project. Thank you!
Virginia Mayer, October 6, 2014
Hey Ben, I want to let you know I appreciate the attention to detail on your plans. This is the first plan in forever I didn’t need to reject on the first submission. It makes everybody’s life a lot easier.
Vincent Verweij, Arlington County Forester, ISA, March 25, 2014
John – Your advice and guidance through the Fairfax County labyrinth was very much appreciated. Thank you for your assistance and look forward to working with you in the future.
Stephen Francis, PBS
Max, I most definitely will recommend WLP for future potential projects. In fact, I have recommended you a couple times on projects outside of our scope. I’m hoping they have contacted you. Concluding this project, I can speak with confidence that you and your office knows the Fairfax County process and tackled this plan as efficiently as we could of. There were a few elements of the process that I was not aware of in Fairfax and would of caught me off guard. I’ve enjoyed working with you and the other staff.
Jarrod Hart, P.E., Senior Engineering Project Manager, Angler Environmental
Marcus, thanks for the heads up. This is one of the reasons I like working with you guys. That is something new as far as our understanding of the SWPPP requirements, so we’ll get on that right away.
-Mark Westmoreland, August 2, 2013, Madison Homes
You’re the best Max! (I can’t say that enough)
-Max Ryan, Director of Real Estate Development and Construction, Alliance Partners HSP, July 15, 2013
I wanted to reach out to publicly praise Aaron and Ben for all of their hard work on Southern Towers and the Beauregard project over the past year. We have been exceptionally well served by both of them and look forward to continuing work on this project and others with Walter Phillips. Aaron and Ben – thanks again for all your efforts.
-Peter Colarulli, December 21, 2012
Dan: Just wanted to let you know that I received the revised survey this morning. You are awesome. Thanks so much for turning that around so quickly for me. I really appreciate it. It has been an absolute pleasure working with you on this project. Bob
-Robert D. H. Floyd, Associate, CHARAPP & WEISS, LLP
Chuck has successfully assisted our firm with difficult site plan review projects; top qualities: personable, expert, high integrity
Regarding your staff, I am really grateful for all of the work they have put in and the high level of service they provide. As you know, I work primarily with Aaron and Ben and they are excellent representatives of your company. I wish all of the people I deal with each day had the level of dedication and work ethic that Aaron and Ben have shown on this project. In short, they have been and continue to be an essential resource and invaluable team members. Thank you for your professionalism and hard work.
Karen, thank you for spending so much time with us January 24, and giving us the benefit of your professional knowledge. All the pieces began to come together as we sat and talked with you and Barnes about the plats and Arlington’s code requirements; it was invaluable.
WLP – thanks for all of your speedy replies, fixes, etc.!!
Thanks for the update! I really appreciate your help and always being on top of things.
Thank you John! As always, you are so helpful and informative. You are truly an asset to your company, line of work, and anyone that has the pleasure of working with you. I appreciate all your patience and help through the stress of getting building 8900 up and running, you have saved us not just time but money and I cannot not thank you enough!
Thanks Aaron; we will definitely keep you all in mind. We have certainly enjoyed the collaboration on Mark Center so far.
Thanks and thanks for all your help on this. You are one of the most pleasant and cooperative surveyor’s I have worked with in a long time!
Congratulations to all!! The “Commonwealth Construction Management” job has won an award for land conservation. The ceremony will be held at the Government Center on January 18, at 9:30. More details are available on the County web site. Contact me with any questions and again I congratulate all of you involved in this project for a job well done.
James, you are AWESOME! Please proceed. Thanks.
I have been very pleased with the survey work that WLP has done for OBTE, and Dan Poteet has been professional, thorough, punctual, and fun to work with. We look forward to working with Dan to pull the survey and plat work to completion. Thanks to all!
Dear Chuck, It was a pleasure meeting you today. I had heard glowing compliments regarding your firm and you in particular. Our meeting today confirmed all of the above.
Thank you Dan! As always, it has been a pleasure working with you as well and I too look forward to future projects.
Thanks, Dan. I appreciate you completing this for us on time. It was a lot of work.